Welcome to the service provided by the Middleborough Gas and Electric Department (MGED). If this is your first experience living in a community that owns and operates its own utility, you're in for a pleasant surprise. We're very different from the large, impersonal utilities you may have known.
MGED is owned by the public, which means that our focus is on our customers and their communities. We take pride in delivering reliable, personal service. We're also committed to keeping rates low and stable.
Find information about paying your bill, setting up or closing an account, and more.
View and download forms for residents.
If you are new to the community and in need of service, please check out our New Customer Guide.
Learn about our rates and how they are calculated.
Request service for a new meters, streetlights, energy audits, and more.
- How do I change the name on my bill?
- Can I sign up for service online?
- Can Middleborough Gas and Electric Department recommend a contractor who can service my gas appliances?
- Can I call Middleborough Gas and Electric Department when my gas appliance isn't working?
- What documents do I need to apply for service?
- How long does it take if I come in to sign for a new service?
- When will I get my first bill?
- What are my payment options?