MGED's community shared solar programs are tailored for customers who want to support locally produced clean energy as a growing share of MGED’s power portfolio. Customers who register may receive a percentage of the financial benefits of a large solar system installed within MGED’s service territory.
Project 2 Features:
- Location: Crooked Lane, Lakeville
- 3.28 megawatt producing over 3 million kilowatt hours/year – enough to power more than 300 homes
- 340 benefit credits available for individual MGED residential customers only – 1 per household
- No program participation costs– zero charges to the customer!
- Immediate credit to each enrolled customer on their bill – current estimate: $8/month for 10 years
Because participation is limited with no fees to the customer, benefit credits will be assigned quickly. Participation will be available on a first-come, first-served basis, assigned after those already on the wait list from our first Solar Community project. Update: We have receive more than 340 registrations but have not yet finalized the applications for these customers. Please continue to register to add your name to the wait list as we may need to ask for more to apply.
Process to Register:
This program opened on Wednesday, November 14th at 8:30 AM. Use this Project 2 Registration Webform to provide the following information:
- Your name as it appears on the MGED account for your residence
- The email address for program announcements & important contacts (if sending from that email address, the form will automatically fill in this address. Change this if you'll use a different address for this project.)** This is required.
- Your home account # as seen on your bill [or in email notices for paperless customers]
- Your service address for your home account (no P.O. Box please)
- Current phone # for daytime contact
- All those who register after the first 340 customers will be added to a wait list. If any of the first customers don’t meet program requirements or drop out within the 10 years of the program, you could fill this space. You’ll also be among the first to receive a chance to register in the next available project.
- The first 340 customers will be required to complete and return an application within 5 business days to enroll.
You may also call our administrative office to register by phone: (508) 947-1371. You will still need an email address to receive notices and correspondence for this program in a timely manner.
This program is open to residential customers who live in Middleborough or Lakeville and who do not have a past due balance. Only one benefit credit per residential customer of record will be assigned. Customers with multiple accounts must choose their home account to be assigned a benefit credit.
Learn more about MGED Solar Community project 2 with Frequently Asked Questions and answers here.